more than money
Our clients decide what they’d rather be doing than worrying about their money. Their choices are wide ranging, they include everything from unwinding to working to transform their world, in big ways and small ways. Here is a short list of ways our clients are now able to invest their most valuable asset, time:
Build their business Travel
Join a nonprofit board Build a house
Start a new business Volunteer tutor
Run for office Invent something new
Invest in an African orphanage Take a sabbatical
Become a patron of the Arts Start a family foundation
Pilot their own plane Become a philanthropist
Find a new professional challenge Watch their grandchildren grow up
Interested in experiencing any of these benefits? Begin by asking yourself these questions:
- Are you confident in your current financial advisor?
- Are you comfortable with your current plans for retirement? Do you know exactly how much money you’re going to need in order to retire—and stay retired—comfortably? If not, why not?
- Do you know what risks you are taking with your investments? Said another way, does your plan pay attention to protection as much as potential?
- Is your current portfolio structured so that you do not run out of money? Would you like it to be?
- Are you highly confident that your retirement income will be sufficient? (Remember, there’s an awful lot riding on your answer.)
- Is it possible that getting a second opinion, at no cost, might be helpful?
- Do you have a written plan forecasting income and expenses in retirement, designed to ensure you don't run out of money?
- What is all this for? What’s important about money to you? Does your current advisor know this?
If you answered "no" to two or more of these questions, give us a call at SS&A, we will be glad to help.